Friday, August 13, 2021

My Screams Might Have Been Heard Across The Pond

Mrs. HM had a bit of a shock on Thursday. I had showered and picked up a passel of winning scratchers to cash in, and was headed out the door for town. The time was 2:30. On my way past the kitchen table, I remembered that I'd left HIPPIE doing an update and restart. That takes forever. I sat down to log in and then shut down. 

Of course the land line rang as I logged in. I swear that's not a coincidence. It happens a lot. I let it ring, as usual. We've been getting a lot of scammy calls lately. The main answering machine is in the master bedroom. If all is quiet, I can hear the message sometimes. At least the handset in the living room will announce CALL FROM... and either say a name, or say the number. It was a 512 area code, so I let the machine pick up.

EEEEEEEK!

Out of the corner of my eye, and with my full eyeballs as I turned, I saw THE PONY RUN ACROSS THE LIVING ROOM TOPLESS! I don't want to think about it, but he might also have been bottomless. Surely not... at least the kitchen counter blocked that portion from my view.

That was such a shock! The Pony is not at all like Genius, who would wander around the Mansion in only a pair of boxer briefs, cooking and TV-watching and sprawling on the long couch commanding me to make him a sammich. The Pony has always been more modest. I can't remember the last time he was shirtless, but it would be measured in years, and involve POOLIO.

I think The Pony might have screamed back. 

"I thought you'd left already!"

"What are you doing?"

"I was trying to get to your bedroom to hear who the call was from. In case it was important."

"No. Just a scammer, I'm pretty sure. I sat down to close HIPPIE after an update. You surprised me! Thank the Gummi Mary, Old Baby Blue is down in the basement, lying on the couch arm, and was spared this sight! What's that noise? Is that the TV?"
 
"Yeah. I just turned it on. I'm over by the thermostat. Turn your head! I'm going back to my room."
 
"Don't worry! It's TURNED!"
 
Lack of inhibition is not something The Pony inherited from Farmer H.

3 comments:

Rae said...

Avert your eyes, momma - you don't gotta see this. I loved the detailed location at the thermostat and to turn your head. I bet both of your hearts were pumping. Ranee (MN)

River said...

Ha Ha, thanks for the chuckles. I've often seen my boys topless, but not bottomless since they were old enough to shower themselves.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Rae,
I thought he had gone back to his room, so good thing he tipped me off to his location, or I would have turned my head and screamed again!

The look on his face reminded me of the time I was sitting up late at night in my $17,000 house, and a little mouse ran out in front of the TV, saw me, and the look on its face said, "What are YOU doing here???"

***
River,
It was not a big deal with Genius, who has comfortable flaunting his wares all over the Mansion. But The Pony has always been more private. Maybe he's trying to be the ANTI-Farmer H.