Wednesday, August 11, 2021

With Help Like This...

Just what I need: a spammer trying to help me with my writing! So helpful she was, going all the way back to a post from January, on my not-so-secret blog. THIS ONE, about my scarf that my mom gave me, that threw itself down those 13 rail-less basement stairs. 

Here was the advice:

Don't forget another good way of simplifying your writing is using external resources (such as WritePaper.Info ). This will definitely make your life more easier

You know what would make my life more easier, Ms. Spammer?

NOT GETTING SPAM COMMENTS ON MY WRITING!

Seriously. As if I am going to take advice from someone purporting to help make my WRITING LIFE MORE EASIER!

Ms. Spammer, I not-so-cordially invite you to take a long walk on a short pier. Or better yet, to make a fast descent down my 13 rail-less basement stairs. And learn to use a period while you're at it, and close up that space in your last parenthesis.

4 comments:

River said...

That's telling her HM!
I never reply to those cheeky persons except for that one time I replied "bugger off!". Usually I just deleted them then go back through several weeks of comments and delete any others.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh! I should have used YOUR reply, but I was only trying to "help" that spammer with her writing... I have my comments set for moderation so I can catch these things. But mostly so I know when somebody comments, so I don't have to go back through several posts to check.

Sioux Roslawski said...

HM--At least that Spammer's "comment" is relevant. I get some that are completely out of left field.

Or perhaps it's not a spammer. Perhaps it's someone who's heard of your mansion tours and wants to help you drumm up more business.

BTW, it's my first day of school today (only a half day). I KNOW you're jealous...

Hillbilly Mom said...

Sioux,
If only I would have stayed on my New Delly 87 minutes longer, I would have known this in time to be nervous for you! There are a finite number of FIRST DAYS. Always exciting, always stressful. Hope you had a fantastic day! Just think... the Labor Day holiday is coming up, then probably some inservice days, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, MLK Day, President's Day, spring break... the school year is almost over!