Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Here's What Two Dollars Can Buy You At The Auction

 Actually, two dollars will buy you EIGHT of these!

 
Don't let the appearance put you off! They were nice and smooth chocolate until I put them in FRIG II. That's because the genius who is Farmer H had left them in the car since Saturday night! At 92 degrees! Not good for a bunny, chocolate or otherwise! When he carried them in, showing them off, I said, 
 
"Oh, I'll take one."

"Uh, you might want to let it cool off first. They've been in the car."

"I didn't mean for NOW! I meant for tomorrow when I'm sitting here playing Candy Crush. I'm ready to go to town now."

"I got six of them! For TWO DOLLARS!"

"Um. There are seven boxes."

"Huh. Then I got more than I thought. We ate one at the auction. It's pretty good."

It's brand-name, too. Not that Palmer brand sold at the Dollar Store, that's so fake it barely has a chocolate taste. AND the date imprinted on the end is Aug 1, 2021. As The Pony said,

"That's practically like it was made yesterday, for OUR house!"

Heh, heh. We're not too proud to eat expired chocolate bunnies in August! I wish I had taken the picture before I chilled the bunny. It looked perfectly normal. So far, I've eaten off the ears. Tasty...

3 comments:

River said...

I'm not too proud to eat expired chocolate either, but anything older than two years might just get tossed out. Flavourless chocolate isn't worth the chewing.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Palmer! THE name of cheap, tasteless chocolate.

How can you only eat one at a time? For me, that would be a one-sitting treat.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Any chocolate is worth chewing! Even Palmer, the Dollar Store chocolate!

***
Sioux,
Yes, every time I eat Palmer chocolate, I keep expecting the next one to be better. Yet it isn't! I don't buy it, but when I'd get it as a "gift," like when the student council kids would leave a little jar of it on the teachers' desks during Christmas week... I was always excited until that first bite. And then still a little excited, because it WAS CHOCOLATE.

This bunny will last, because I'm only eating it as a dessert for my breakfast! When I have some dry Honey Nut Cheerios, straight out of the box, at noon, while checking my innernets. Oh, who are we kidding. It's not Honey Nut Cheerios, but the generic brand from Country Mart. With whom I have a bone to pick...