Wednesday, December 7, 2022

Clang, Clang, Clang Goes My Folly. Ding, Ding, Ding I'm In Not-Heaven.

I should know better. I've brought this upon myself. It was pure folly to allow Farmer H to eat from actual dishes, with actual silverware. He's happy enough using styrofoam bowls. But no. I don't think he should have to worry about stabbing a hole in the side of his bowl while in his feeding frenzy.
 
I made turkey pot pie on Sunday. It's DELICIOUS! We've been eating it for three nights. First night dipped out of the glass pan after baking, and the next two after I warmed the pie part in a bowl in the microwave, and tried to heat the crust on a pizza pan in the oven. Oh, it turned out great. But there's the matter of the glass bowl for Farmer H.
 
He takes his food to the living room, to his recliner in front of the TV. I have mine at the kitchen table in the company of HIPPIE, my laptop. Even though I usually have a video going, I can hear Farmer H in the living room.
 
CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!
 
Why does he need to clang that fork against the bowl??? It sounds like he could break it! You don't stab turkey pot pie with the fork tines. You poke the fork down through the top of the slice, and then scoop it out. It sounds like Farmer H is attempting (badly) a breakout from Alcatraz!
 
CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!
 
I have hollered in to ask if there's a reason he's doing that.
 
"HM. I'm just eating."
 
Seriously? I don't know what form of eating requires you to chop at a bowl with your fork. It's not like the carrots or peas or potatoes or turkey are going to get away. You can't scoop the tasty coating off the bottom of a glass bowl with a metal fork. A spoon might garner you a tasty bit. But not a fork.
 
My entire 28 years of fingernails on a chalkboard were not as off-putting as this.

2 comments:

River said...

You'll know better next time and serve his portion in a plastic dish with a spoon.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes. He probably won't care, and I won't have to listen to the scraping.