Monday, December 12, 2022

That's The WHIRRR Of Mrs. HM's Grounded Helicopter

Sunday afternoon, I took some Chex Mix to The Pony. I cautioned him to be careful on his route Monday, since the weather called for freezing fog in the morning.
 
"Make sure you watch your step on your back porch. It's concrete and might be slick."
 
"I know, Mom."
 
"And get ready early enough to scrape your car windshield. Oh, wait! You don't have a scraper. I bet you forgot that when you were just in the Devil's Playground buying food."
 
"Yeah. I forgot..."
 
"Do I have one in here?" 
 
The Pony turned around from T-Hoe's passenger seat, where we were having a chat, and started searching. 
 
"DUH! It's right here! By your feet! Take mine! I park in the garage. You'll need it more. If it's that bad, I won't go to town. I mainly use it to scrape the running board so I don't slip, since the road snow blows up and freezes on it."
 
"I hate to take yours."
 
"You are working, and park outside. You'll need it more. I can look for another one. Like I found this one, after you broke my best one that I had for years."
 
"Okay. If you're sure. I'll put it in my car right now as I go in."
 
I can't let my little Pony drive with ice on his car windows! No sacrifice is too great. I'll find another scraper. After all, I found another broom and dustpan after he broke mine chopping ice off the Mansion porch when I was coming home from the hospital.

3 comments:

River said...

I suggest buying several scrapers, since The Pony seems to be a habitual breaker of things.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Mothers sacrifice for their kids!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That's a good idea. I looked for some at Country Mart today, but didn't see any. Maybe next time I'll try the aisle where I found the multi colored selection of flyswatters, and bought four! I think I only gave one to The Pony. I have one as a spare in my kitchen, and one downstairs by my OPC (Old People Chair), and one in my lair.

***
Kathy,
I know, right? What's mine is The Pony's. Except for my lucky scratching quarter, of course!