Saturday, December 10, 2022

This Is, Perhaps, The Devil's Version Of A Handbasket

The Pony sent me a text Friday evening, to see if I wanted anything from The Devil's Playground. I haven't crossed that threshold since The Devil closed one set of doors, and forced everyone through a cattle gate to enter. Now The Pony says they've rearranged the registers, and added more self-check-outs. I can do without a longer wait. I have The Pony to get items I absolutely can't find at Country Mart. Like Farmer H's Wild Turkey 101, and Pepcid.

It's been about six weeks since The Pony visited The Devil's Playground. He's been busy with work, and getting food at the Country Mart near the post office. He must have been excited by the variety.

"Got some frozen veggies meal things at the urging of friends. One of them is a frozen thing of a few veggies and chicken supposedly with a garlic parmesan sauce. The other I think is a vegetarian thing. It looked good at least. I also got a southwest salad mix. I have so much food now. I'm paralyzed for choice over what I want to actually eat! I might just do a salad and garlic bread tonight because I spent way longer shopping than I thought and I'm beat."

He also sent a picture:

 
"They changed the carts!!! They're tall!"

Looks to me like the child seat is bigger. I suggested that maybe kids are getting fatter. I did NOT tell The Pony that maybe helicopter parents are setting their 24-year-old kids in them...

4 comments:

River said...

Beware the larger carts! It's a ploy to get people to buy more. most people by now are used to seeing a certain amount of food in the carts, and with the bigger ones, it looks like you have only half the amount so maybe you forgot something? So you go around again and buy more. As for kids getting fatter, you should see some of the roly-poly toddlers around here! I'm sure they'll run off the chubbiness as soon as they get used to walking, I know my own kids did.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
This cart seems very deep! And the child seat is wide. I usually put most of my stuff in the child seat, since I make so many trips to the store. It's easier to carry in a small amount, now that Farmer H isn't supposed to lift over 10 pounds. There has to be some ulterior motive to the cart re-design. They wouldn't put money into it for nothing.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

We have two Walmarts in opposite directions. One is i the city where we see the doctor and I get our RX there, but the other one has better produce and bigger variety of everything. What else does two old people have to do?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
We also have two: one down in Bill-Paying Town, about 25 minutes away, and the one The Pony goes to, in School-Turn Town, about 15 minutes from us, and 5 minutes from him. The Bill-Paying Town version is older, with less parking, and smaller parking spaces. I am still boycotting both! I'm sure they are about to go broke, while Country Mart is living high on the hog with my frequent contributions.