Sunday, December 11, 2022

The Pony Gets His Graze On

The Pony's friends must also have been concerned about his lack of roughage. He is in daily communication with some college buddies online. When they recommended VEGETABLES during his shopping spree, The Pony must have realized he needed some greens.

Saturday night, he sent me a picture of his meal.

"Got off around 6:15. Got home, threw garlic bread into the oven. Showered then made a salad. From a mix of course. Haven't opened the wine just yet."

 
Yes, that's a lot of bread. But the plates are not the full-size paper plates. They are between a regular plate and a dessert plate in size. I know, because I have that same pattern in my fine china collection, heh, heh!

 
"Your salad looks good. What's the white part?"

"I think it's all cabbage of different kinds. The lighting was weird. It came with a Chipotle dressing packet. It's a bit too sweet, but gets more savory tasting when I have wine."

"It looks good and filling."

"Yeah. And I like the texture of cabbage. I've eaten half of that garlic bread loaf already. It's really gonna be soaking up that wine."

Heh, heh. The Pony must feel like he's eating health food now.

4 comments:

River said...

I see white cabbage, red cabbage and bits of green that might also be cabbage, so it looks like a coleslaw mix with a different dressing. Health in a bag!
I haven't had garlic bread in such a long time, no regular bread either. Still trying to lose those pounds! I also discovered that bread makes my blood sugar rise, and I don't want to become diabetic.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The orange part is carrots, which I thought were cheese. It was called a Southwest Salad, so I'm not sure what makes it that, other than the packet of Chipotle dressing.

Carbs are apparently as bad as sugar. I used to plan our meals with fewer carbs, and buy the whole-wheat pasta and of course whole grain bread to help with Farmer H's diabetes, but since I found out he was having donuts every morning, I didn't see the point of spending extra to alter his home diet. Even buying his small ice cream cups didn't have an effect, since he would eat more than one! You can't help anyone who doesn't want to help himself.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Yum! I love a good chopped salad. HeWho likes a bit of lettuce with his dressing, while I prefer to be able to taste all the vegetables.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I am generous with the dressing, but I don't drown the salad. I prefer romaine lettuce, and not iceberg, which drowns more easily. I also like the crunch of cabbage, but I don't like that purple stuff. I have been known to take the shredded cabbage from bagged slaw mix, and add BBQ sauce as a crunchy side dish with baked chicken.