Friday, December 23, 2022

No Shortage Of Topics For: "This Is The Time Of Day We Discuss The Most Recent Thing You've Done Wrong"

Welp! Farmer H has done it again! Just when I had hopes that he had made a turnaround, and was on a straight and narrow path to pleasing me. In fact, he mopped the kitchen floor, and dusted the piano with my collection of collector ponies that my best old ex-teaching buddy Mabel gifts me with. A very big help, what with me starting the Christmas food preparations.

Farmer H had to go without breakfast for his lab tests on Thursday morning at 6:00. Then he ate some breakfast on the way home. Didn't say what. The Senior Center was closed due to weather. But Farmer H eschewed any lunch I offered. I had not been to bed yet at 10:00 a.m. when he returned home. I said he could have some cheese and crackers if he was hungry for lunch, or some Chex from the Country Mart container, as it has a not-tight lid. Farmer H knows those containers. I showed him when I brought them home earlier in the week.

You know what happened, right? I went to get myself a ramekin of Chex Mix from the designated Country Mart container, and saw that it was at the same level as before.

"Where did you get your Chex Mix?"

"From the tub on the cutting block."

"NOOO! That one was ready to give someone as a gift! I told you to use the Country Mart container. That's for us. Before it goes stale. I can't give it to someone, because the lid isn't tight."

"Well, this one was sitting by itself on the cutting block. So I thought that was the one."

Even though it is the style and color of those Farmer H has bought at the Devil's Playground. Not sure what I'm going to do with him. I guess I need to invest in kitchen towels and clean off the counter, to start hiding the special stuff where he will never think to look...

4 comments:

River said...

Oh how could he?? and I bet he isn't the slightest bit ashamed of his mistake.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
You know him so well! Farmer H was NOT ashamed, and laughed about it, saying it didn't make a difference. Told me to just put some on top, from the container he was SUPPOSED to eat from. Which is what I had to do.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

No matter how good the instructions are, they will still screw it up and then act like we are to blame!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I don't know how they survived during the years before they met us!