Tuesday, December 27, 2022

I'm Pretty Sure It Was Just An Attempt To Torture Me

Farmer H is early to bed, and early to rise. Until tonight. I was so mad! He went off and left that TV playing on HIS channel with Gunsmoke or some other western. I strongly dislike westerns. All the characters look and sound alike to me. PLUS the channel kept playing that annoying long commercial with Sarah McLachlan and the pitiful dogs.

Imagine my surprise when, at 10:48, I heard Farmer H say:

"I wish this show would hurry up and get over so I can go to bed!"

Sweet Gummi Mary! He was still up! That's unheard of! Turns out he was watching "The Gambler," a two-hour movie! It went off at 11:00. Yes. He DID change the channel before going to bed.

I don't know how he's going to get up at 6:00 as usual. He shorted himself about three-and-a-half hours of sleep!

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Mine is early to bed and late to rise ..... I don't care for westerns either.

River said...

Is "The Gambler" a western movie? Annoying ads is why I prefer to watch movies via dvd or usb.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
More time to yourself, I guess, would be the perk of that schedule!

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm assuming it's a western. It sounded like Gunsmoke to me! I think it's based on the Kenny Rogers song, "The Gambler."

I don't watch too many movies, unless they're on my Showtime channels, where there are no commercials.