Monday, December 26, 2022

I Think Something Might Be Wrong With Farmer H...

Sweet Gummi Mary! Something has gotten into that man! Farmer H has been totally unpredictable for two days! 

On Christmas Eve, I was sitting at the kitchen table putting sliced olives on top of my deviled eggs, when Farmer H chose to cut the ham. He chose to do it because I told him to, but he had known this was his duty before night fell. 

"You can put it in that flat container with the blue lid, the one we use for BBQ meat."

"Okay. Where is that?"

"In the corner cabinet. No. On the BOTTOM cabinets. Bottom shelf. Reach your hand in. You'll feel it there on top of the metal pans I use for the Chex Mix."

"This door is loose!"

"Uh huh. I've been telling you that for the last three years. Since before The Pony moved back from college. Even The Pony asked what was wrong with it."

"It has a bad hinge. Huh. The hings is LOOSE! I'll go get my screwdriver in the basement."

"You can use mine from my little toolbox in the laundry room."

"No. I'll go get mine. It's easier."

"I don't know how THAT is, when mine is just a few steps. A screwdriver is a screwdriver. But knock yourself out if you want to go down to the basement."

Which he did. Twice! To get that very special screwdriver, and then take it back. My corner cabinet door now works like it's new. I wish I knew the secret to making Farmer H discover that something is wrong, and fix it right then.

You won't believe what else he did! That's on my not-so-secret blog...

4 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Was that your special Christmas gift from him?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
YES! One of them. Apparently, Farmer H has heard that good things come in threes. So he also OFFERED ME A SLICE OF PIE THAT HE HAD CUT FOR HIMSELF, and then CARRIED MY LITTLE HEATER UP FROM MY LAIR AND PLUGGED IT IN UNDER THE KITCHEN TABLE!

The new old heater is my favorite gift!

River said...

Keep watching his back, if you see angel wings sprouting let us know.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Heh, heh! Something about that statement reminds me of one of Farmer H's favorite responses when I spout an optimistic opinion: "A monkey might jump out my butt, too, but I don't see that happening."