Sunday, December 18, 2022

One Big Ol' Elf At Work

It's 1:10 a.m. as I type this, and I've just finished tubbing my fourth batch of Chex Mix. Not all today, of course! That's four for this Christmas season, including the one that had to be thrown out. Gotta get one more in. 
 
Christmas is sneaking up on me, and I have a lunch rendezvous with my best old ex-teaching buddy Mabel this week, three Oreo Cakes to bake, then early preparations for deviled eggs on Christmas Eve at the home of my sister the ex-mayor's wife. Plus the food for our own Christmas dinner. 

We're not giving gifts this year, except for the Chex Mix. Plus Oreo Cakes and Oberle sausage, cheese, crackers, scratchers, and some cash for HOS (Farmer H's Oldest Son) and The Veteran's families. Now that I think of it, that's quite a lot, considering I'm in charge of providing all of it!

I'm even farther behind that I thought!

4 comments:

River said...

You need a clone of yourself to get it all done AND still get some sleep.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I agree! I'm sure Farmer H does not. A clone would mean twice as much "suggesting" of things for him to do!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

WE will be sending checks to grands and nothing but best wishes to adult children. Only presentd I bought were for my son's new family. I am so happy to have them to buy for. They really enjoying giving gifts to me and I will reciprocate in kind. We will be alone for Christmas this year. No lonely campers to feed and friends to fill the chairs at my table. I am nt at all unhappy about that! Farmer H would just screw it up if left to gather the necessities ....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I still haven't forgiven Farmer H for the year he scheduled his titanium neck plate surgery for December 22. The kids were young, and Mrs. HM was extremely tired around 3:00 a.m., with no Santa to assist on Christmas Eve.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your tranquil celebration.