Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Will It Still Be Looking At Me Sideways?

Farmer H went to his shoulder doctor on Monday, a re-visit to check on the thing he had cut off his skin. You may recall that the incision was left open, and I pulled about 3 feet of gauze out of the opening! The opening that was shaped like a sideways eye.

Anyhoo... I'd been changing the bandage then bandaid every couple of days for Farmer H. That opening didn't close. I guess it wasn't supposed to, since the doctor had mentioned letting it settle down from being inflamed, before taking out the sac or something.

Farmer H's appointment was for 11:00. It's a 20-minute drive from Sis-Town, where Pony House is located, and the Senior Center where Farmer H likes to have lunch. Farmer H didn't mention his doctor news, so I had to ask.

"What did the doctor say?"

"He says it's fine. That the bandage may bleed a little today or tomorrow. To leave it on. And then I can change it the next day."

"Did he take out the rest of it?"

"I don't know."

"You didn't ASK what he was doing?"

"No. I guess he did. He said, 'You might feel some pulling now.' It wasn't bad."

Sweet Gummi Mary! You'd think he would at least find out what was happening at that appointment! I guess he couldn't be bothered. He still made it to lunch at the Senior Center. They stop serving at noon.

5 comments:

Plain Jane said...

Does your doctor have a patient portal? My husband likes to fudge a bit on what the doctor tells him, so I just go on the patient portal, and check out what really is going on.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Well, I hope he got lunch! Most doctors talk while they are performing procedures and explain what they are doing, but I suppose he had things to think about and wasn't listening .....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Plain Jane,
Yes, it's at the same clinic as my NP. I had to set up an account trying to get my jury duty exemption, and it was a chore. Technology is not my friend! So I haven't thought about setting up an account for Farmer H.

***
Kathy,
Farmer H said he had taco salad today. No shell. Just lettuce, meat, cheese, and refried beans. With a few Fritos. He said they skimped on the Fritos, and he overheard them saying to put even less in the carry-out containers for delivery, because they were running out of Fritos. Also, he said he had Spanish cheesecake for dessert! I asked if he meant flan, but he said no, cheesecake! A square of cheesecake with a sugary top on it.

I'm sure Farmer H wasn't listening to the doctor. He was probably thinking about lunch and how much time he had to get there.

River said...

I would ask questions too if I can't see what the doctor is doing, but usually here they tell you what's going to happen and how it might feel.
Mmmm, cheesecake! Something to think about while I'm sitting in the dentist chair later today.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I always ask. Not Farmer H. He was probably telling stories of his bargain-ous exploits!

Here's more for you to think about, even if you're home now. We still have a giant cheesecake sampler in the freezer from Thanksgiving. I haven't had any yet. I think the flavors are plain New York style, a chocolate drizzle, raspberry, and chocolate chip. Some slices have the dark cookie crust, others have regular graham cracker crust.