Saturday, February 24, 2024

A Year Late And $25 Short

The Pony has taken a mini vacation during his birthday time. On Friday, he asked Farmer H if he wanted to go to lunch. As with all meals we share with The Pony, we pay. Farmer H had a $25 gift card for a local Mexican chain that he had gotten at the Senior Center when they gave out before-Christmas gifts. He and The Pony had tried it before, but the restaurant said it was for the location in School-Turn Town, and not the one they went to in Sis-Town.

Anyhoo... Farmer H and The Pony went lunch at the School-Turn location.


Farmer H had the Fajitas Lunch for $11.99. It came with the fajita in foil, and the guacamole, lettuce, salsa, cheese, and refried beans on one plate. Then the shrimp and chicken on another plate. 


The Pony had the Burrito Azteca shown here, for $13.99. Not sure what that white sauce is. They shared the chips and salsa that came with their meals.

Their sodas cost $2.99 apiece! Like Farmer H pointed out, a whole meal at the Senior Center is only $4.00! Too bad he didn't take The Pony there!

When they finished, Farmer H used his gift card to pay. Except they told him it had ZERO DOLLARS on it! So he had to pay with our debit card. Farmer H is going to let them know about this at the Senior Center on Monday. Not sure if that gift card expired at the end of 2023, or if it wasn't loaded with money, or if the other location scammed him.

Anyhoo... Farmer H had the nerve to complain to me that The Pony always orders the most expensive item. Seriously? Look at the food Farmer H had, and the food The Pony had. I hardly think The Pony's motive was to scam Farmer H out of lunch money! I would have thought Farmer H's meal would be more expensive than The Pony's. It had SHRIMP! And more total food!

Anyhoo... it's not like that meal came out of Farmer H's pocket. It was OUR debit card, by cracky!

4 comments:

River said...

If he is going to complain about the cost then he won't be getting invited, right?
I have to say that chicken and shrimp plate looks totally worth whatever the cost was.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Well, Farmer H complains to ME, and not to The Pony. So he will still be getting invited. The cost of the chicken and shrimp plate was $11.99 total. There was a line under it saying "Chic N Shrim 1.00 EA" which I guess is how they determined the price. I can't figure it out by counting! The Pony's Burrito Azteca was $13.89. It looks to me like Farmer H got more food for less!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I think the children have to be a lot older than the Pony before the parents stop paying! My kids are in their 40's now and pick up the tab for us. It used to make me feel guilty that they were paying, but now I just enjoy the benefits I earned when I wiped their butts!! My brother-in-law still pays for his children on an extremely regular basis. I was amazed to see his son-in-law accept $100 for mowing his lawn! The son-in-law has a lawn business and does quite well and I think he should mow their grass free! They ive just a few doors away and eat most of their meals at the expense of my brother-in-law. Their daughter is a teacher and my sister-in-law kept their child until she was no longer able to do it on a regular basis. They also pay for maid service for the daughter who in 50 now! I could be all wrong, but .....

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I don't begrudge The Pony a meal. He does a lot for us, being so close. Like set up my new printer that's a piece of junk. And computer things for Farmer H concerning his business.

The Pony pays Farmer H for mowing his lawn in the summer. So he's not deliberately trying to scam us. My grandma used to fight to get the bill when we all went out to eat. My kids... not so much. It's a different generation. If they would offer, that would be a step in the right direction, even if we didn't let them pay.