Monday, February 19, 2024

No Spots Being Changed Here

I made a pot of vegetable beef soup on Saturday while Farmer H was raking in money hand-over-fist in his SUS2 (Storage Unit Store 2). When he got home, I asked how much he wanted. One bowl, or two. He said two. Rather than warming the whole pot again, I dipped out Farmer H's portion into a saucepan. Easier to manipulate, and then I could get out my own serving to warm up later.

Knowing that Farmer H prefers his soup to be solid, I dipped very little liquid into the pan. Of course there was SOME. It's soup, after all! Once it was warmed, and his garlic toast done in the oven, I called Farmer H to the kitchen.

"You can dip your own soup. There's enough for two bowls."

I noticed that Farmer H was holding the ladle against the side of the pan, draining the liquid! In fact, his "soup" was stacked up higher than the top of the bowl.

"All in that pan is yours, but it looks like your second bowl is going to be all juice!"

"It's a normal bowl of soup, HM."

To HIM, maybe! If I had taken a picture, you might have sworn it was the inside of a Shepherd's Pie. The hamburger, potatoes, carrots, peas, and green beans were a mountain in the middle of the bowl. He could have tilted that bowl almost 45 degrees without a drop of "soup" spilling out.

Anyhoo... when he came back, he poured his soup out of the pan and into his bowl. He probably could have consumed that portion with a straw. 

Farmer H does not grasp the concept of SOUP!

Thank the Gummi Mary, I did not set out the entire pot for Farmer H to sieve out the solids.

4 comments:

River said...

I'm surprised he hasn't yet thought of straining his soup as he serves it, and equally surprised that he served himsef a second bowl of "juice".

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
The slotted spoon was by the ladle, but Farmer H makes a pretense of serving himself a "normal" bowl of soup. Just to point out how crazy I am for saying he only eats the solids. Even though he used the ladle to serve up a bowl of solids. Believe me, if the whole pot of soup had been sitting there, his second bowl would also have been solids. By designating that smaller pan of soup just for him, he was stuck with having "juice" or nothing at all after the first bowl. He had a slice of garlic toast left, so he wanted something to go with it.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

HeWho likes liquids, but only if he has oyster crackers to toss in until the soup is solid!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I also like the liquids, but I use Premium saltine crackers to make it solid! No other cracker will do.