Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Not Sure Why I Bother

Monday night, I prepared Farmer H's supper from our Super Bowl leftovers. I set out his yellow school-cafeteria-style tray. Put a fork on it, and half a Select-A-Size Bounty Paper Towel. This was mostly finger foods, you know. I abhor a greasy TV remote.

I called Farmer H to the kitchen to put his piece of Buffalo Chicken on Hawaiian Rolls. I'd already warmed it, and cut it in half. While he was doing that, I took the mozzarella sticks out of the oven. The toasted raviolis were already done. I had his marinara sauce in a ramekin, ready to put on his tray. All Farmer H had to do was put chicken on a roll, and some Ruffles potato chips on his tray. Then I was ready at the stove to spoon on the Little Smokies, and slide on the mozzarella sticks and raviolis.

So simply, you would think. As did I. Until I was cleaning up after he left for his recliner, and saw that Farmer H had tossed aside his half of a Select-A-Size Bounty Paper Towel. There it lay on the cutting block, with the half I was going to use for myself.

"Hey! You forgot your paper towel!"

"No I didn't. I got one." 

Funny how Farmer H went to the trouble to tear off a paper towel from the roll, yet the REMOTE WAS GREASY later that night when I sat down to watch TV after he went to bed.

So many mysteries in this Mansion.

4 comments:

River said...

I would hate a greasy remote too. I don't think I've ever had one, even when the kids watched TV while eating and the ex did too, but everyone wiped their hands before touching the remote. Mine gets dusty between all those little buttons.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It's slippery! Like a bar of soap! Only around the edges. The part with the buttons is dusty.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I stayed at a hotel with my daughter once and upon entering the room, I was handed a wet wipe and told to clean the remote. She says it is the nastiest thing in a hotel room.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I agree with that scenario!