Tuesday, February 13, 2024

The Pony Is A Winer

When The Pony came out for Super Bowl snacks, he brought his own beverage. Farmer H likes Wild Turkey, but The Pony prefers wine. He sent me a picture asking which kind I would LEAST like to try. I am no wine drinker, but I'm willing to give it a taste. You know, just to please The Pony, heh, heh. At least The Pony actually wanted to share something good. Not like those evenings at the Christmas Eve party of my sister the ex-mayor's wife, where people would taste wines, and say, "This one is TERRIBLE! Here, try it!"


I think this picture might be from the wines The Pony gave his cousin for Christmas, judging from the wrapping paper there. Otherwise The Pony might need to do a little housecleaning. (Types the woman who has had a fully-decorated Christmas tree standing in her basement for 7 years now.) Or maybe that's from his car, which once had a year-old cookie on the floor, and his Bestie from college ATE IT!

Anyhoo... I said the Blackberry Cobbler. The Pony brought the Cinnamon Apple Haze. It was very tasty, though still had that twang of wine. A sip was enough for me, but the flavor was fantastic. The Pony brought his own corkscrew. You can't see it here, but they ARE wines with actual corks. Not a metal screw-top, heh, heh. And they are a somewhat local wine.

Farmer H tried a little bit in a red Solo cup. That's what fine wine connoisseurs we are. The Pony had asked before coming out what wine I thought Farmer H would like best. I said the Blackberry Cobbler, and The Pony said, "Too bad. I drank half that bottle last night!" He didn't want to risk bringing it, with the mutilated cork and all. Which also shows our connoisseurness in The Pony's self-proclaimed cheapest corkscrew I could find.

Also, conveniently for The Pony, the shop that sells these wines is on his route.

4 comments:

River said...

Will we ever know if the chocolate cherry wine was nice? I like chocolate and cherry together.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I'm sure The Pony will buy it again. Maybe he can bring some to our Easter feast. I am willing to give it a taste test. I doubt the bottle he has now will survive that long!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

They all sound good to me. I like sweet wines. Or whining sweetly?

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
The Pony has a sweet-wine tooth! He has not yet perfected whining, sweetly or otherwise. The Pony is a clammer-upper.