Thursday, February 8, 2024

L A M E - O And Scarlett Was Her Name-O

Something happened to Scarlett during the hour I was gone to town! When I came home, she was running down into the woods behind Copper Jack and Jack, as usual. While I was getting stuff out of T-Hoe's rear, she came around the concrete end of the carport, LIMPING! It was her back right leg or paw.

Scarlett did not jump her front feet up on the bumper, and crowd against me for petting. She sat down at my feet. I petted her, of course. I am not a monster! I ran my hand over her haunch, and she did not make a noise or pull away. I thought I saw something there, but it could have just been a tuft of fur disturbed from her biting at an itch, or running through the brush. 

When I got to the people door, Scarlett did not leap up and down waiting for me to turn the doorknob. She stood. Then ran through. She went up the stairs okay, without a noticeable limp. Then she SAT ON THE SIDE PORCH for more petting. I sweet-talked her out of pity. Jack came running to see what the occasion was, since I was not yelling at Scarlett for leaping at me.

Once inside the kitchen, getting the treats ready for dispersal, it seemed that Scarlett had a miraculous healing. She leaped at me and rebounded off my belly with her two front paws. She was putting a bit of weight on that paw as she ate her treat of leftover chicken scraps. Not quite back to normal, but better.

I am hoping she just strained that leg leaping around tussling with Copper Jack. Or maybe stuck something in the paw. Farmer H will look at it in the morning. 

7 comments:

River said...

I hope she is alright and nothing is stuck in her paw.

River said...

I hope Scarlett is alright and nothing is stuck in her paw.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I haven't seen Scarlett all day, besides roaming around on the porch through the window shades. She was at the BARn with Farmer H when I left for town, and still there when I came back. He didn't mention her at all, so I'm assuming she is back to her old self. I'll ask him in the morning if he noticed.

Blogger has gone mad! I only clicked to publish one comment, but both showed up here! How is that possible?

River said...

Blogger likes to play games. You can go to the comments section and delete one.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
That didn't work so well on my other blog!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Scarlett likes to toy with you. Soon as I get a picture from my daughter, I will post about the new Scarlett in our lives. A Boston Terrier puppy is my newest grand-dog. She happened upon some puppies at a flea market and for a mere $750, Scarlett arrived in our lives! If that is the flea market price, then inflation is worse than we thought! Her son got the Bruno, the frenchie for Christmas. They already had two dogs, so this is four. This is the child who called ME a crazy dog lady!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Dang! That was either a fantastic bargain, or a colossal rip-off! I've been wary of Boston Terriers since I stepped on one and it screamed like a woman. Poor Bostie, the dog of my daycare lady, who was probably just being friendly and not trying to bite my ankle as I stepped out of T-Hoe. He was fine. Just vocal about the squashing.