Monday, February 12, 2024

Google Is The New Celery

Do you get the connection? My estranged BFF Google is like celery because they both are associated with a concept called S T A L K. 

I want to slap Google across his smirking, know-it-all face! He needs to mind his own beeswax, and let me go about my days (and nights) without looking over my shoulder.

A few minutes ago when I signed out of my other blog account, a box popped up and balloons sailed to the top of HIPPIE'S screen, and Google had the nerve to wish me a pleasant coming-into-this-world day.

Here's the thing. Every time I sign in, Google wants me to enter such a date, commemorating that day many years ago. Nope. Google does not need to know that. So I skip over it. But apparently, Google has known all along! What's up with THAT, Google? Either you know that day, or you don't. You can't ask and ask and ask to the point of harassment, and then turn around and wish me a pleasant such day. UNLESS you just found out, due to S T A L K I N G me on my other devices. On one of which some children sang me a song wishing me a pleasant coming-into-this-world day.

Google is a cad and a liar!

4 comments:

River said...

And this is why I always refuse that big blue window that pops up after every update reminding me that I haven't yet "connected" all my devices. They mean i-pad and i-phone, and probably "Alexa" if I had one, but I don't want my phone connected and don't have any other devices.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
OOH! I hate that, too! I keep clicking on REMIND ME IN THREE DAYS. It does for a while, then gives up until the next update.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Stalking is right! Google is the new Santa Claus who knows when you are sleeping or awake, or bad or good ... and what you have been searching!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I have things pop up that I'm pretty sure The Pony or Genius have been searching. So Google is a gang-stalker.