Monday, January 30, 2023

A Hearty Meal For The Beast Of Burden

The Pony basically eats one meal a day. Sure, he grabs something for a brief breakfast before heading to work. But it's not like he prepares a hearty country breakfast of sausage, eggs, biscuits, hash browns, gravy, and juice. I'm sure he'd like that, but he's said before he prefers to work on a not-full stomach. 

He generally snacks through the work day. Perhaps buying a treat or nuts or mini donuts when he takes his bathroom break at Casey's. Or he might take along some Chex Mix or fruit gummies with his jugs of water.

As you might imagine, The Pony is famished when he gets off work. He can't take time to drive over to Bill-Paying Town for Steak N Shake every night. And I assume he grows tired of ordering out for Chinese or pizza. So he will cook himself a feast. 

Here's the discount steak that he bought on Friday evening:


"That looks delicious for me. Maybe a little overdone for you!"

"Yeah. They're just a bit thin."

"Still good, I bet."

"Very!"

Oh, that wasn't ALL the food. Here's a view of the dinner table:


No need to put the mashed potatoes on the fancy plates Farmer H got for The Pony, when he can eat them right out of the pan! And look! The Pony is also grazing on greens these days!

He might want to clean off the table next time, to fit more FOOD on it! Not shaming. It's hectic to work a 40-hour week and shop for groceries and prepare your own meals and wash your own dishes and do your own laundry. The Pony will get the hang of adulting soon enough...

4 comments:

River said...

He's eating well at least once a day, so he's doing alright. Probably has a decent breakfast on his days off.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I was pleased to see the salad. It's a lot of food, but The Pony needs hearty fare to fuel his work energy. Funny you should mention breakfast... a reveal is coming up.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Well balanced dinner. We only eat one big meal a day. Many nights I am happy with oatmeal. The older I get, the less I eat in one sitting. You would think I would drop a few more lbs, but I have weighed the same since we moved here. Oh, well.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I have my breakfast at noon when I get up! A banana and some dry fake honey nut cheerios. Then supper. Of course Farmer H has the extra courses of morning donuts and senior center lunch.