Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Breakfast Fit For A Day-Off Pony

Looks like The Pony had some steak left over. He was off Sunday, and made himself a sandwich. He didn't specifically say it was for breakfast, but I'm thinking it was. Not saying what TIME he had breakfast, of course. The Pony is reluctant to get out of bed when the weather is cold.

Monday morning he was texting me while waiting for his car to warm up to go to work. I had sent him a worried text about the icy weather. More on that another day...


"Yesterday I did a steak and egg sandwich."

"That looks good."

"It was! Though next time I'd slice thinner or dice it instead of strips."

4 comments:

River said...

I don't like getting out of bed in the cold either. I've made steak sandwiches with leftovers, I usually slice it as thin as I can with my sharpest knife, like paper thin, then layer it all nice and thick. The thinner it is, the easier it is for my teeth to manage. I've never done a steak and egg sandwich though.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I think maybe The Pony should have sliced it across the grain, and much thinner. This way, he might as well have rolled it up in a tortilla for a breakfast burrito, and gnawed on it that way.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

The Pony eats well!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Surprisingly so. I guess he got tired of take-out.