Friday, January 13, 2023

My Helicopter Heart Is Cracking

Thursday was errand day, so I was off to Sis-Town to mail some bills and get T-Hoe's gas. As I was driving up the hill to Casey's for the latter, I passed an LLV (Long Life Vehicle) coming down, headed for the main post office. I always look inside, in case my little Pony is the driver. This one was wearing a fur-lined parka hood. While driving! 

I was pretty sure it wasn't The Pony. His winter coat has a hood, but it isn't fur-lined. From what he tells us of the heating system in the LLVs, I understand why that employee was wearing the hood!

I almost froze to death while pumping T-Hoe's gas. The wind really whips around at that location, it being within a quarter mile of the old lead-mining area that is now a state park. No foliage grows on that section of tailings, so the wind has free rein.

Later that evening, I got a text from The Pony:

"I saw you at Casey's today! Tried to wave but you were texting or looking at a penny picture on your phone!"

"I saw someone in an LLV wearing a fur-lined hood while driving, between Casey's and the railroad tracks. It wasn't you. I was probably writing the place on the back of my lottery tickets. I didn't get a coin today. Saw one, but it was too far under the snack racks to get."

"I was in a Metris, driving by. Looked like you had your phone in your hand, but it could've been a ticket."

My cold, cold heart is cracking. I love my little Pony! Every time I see an LLV, I'm so proud. All these times it hasn't been him, but the one time I could have waved, it was!

4 comments:

River said...

I think it's sweet that you look for him every time you see an LLV and that he notices you when he's driving around.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
When I go over to Sis-Town, I see four or five mail vehicles on the trip. I'm ALWAYS looking to see if it's The Pony. I really should memorize his schedule so I know which town he's in on which days. I think he was on his way back to the post office from his route in Bill-Paying Town on this day he saw me.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I would look for my children the same way. Well, for Jeff, anyway. If the girls were to stop, it could turn into their tips for me to live a better life!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
The Pony would never presume to give me such tips, but Genius sure would!