Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Call The Chiropodist!

Sweet Gummi Mary! Farmer H is going to cause a serious injury to the delicate tootsies of Mrs. HM! And he's probably not even trying to kill me. It's just carelessness.

Sunday afternoon, I once again trod upon a PILL on the bathroom tile. It's worse than walking barefoot on a gravel driveway in there. Padding along post-shower, getting ready for my town trip, and YOUCH! Right under my heel. I'm the ambulatory version of The Princess, and the pill is the pea. No mattresses to try and assuage my pain, either.

For the second time in a week, this was a little blue pill (not the FAMOUS little blue pill) that looks like my orange lisinopril blood pressure tablets. I even asked Farmer H if it was for his blood pressure, perhaps a different dosage in a different color. But he said it was for something else I can't remember.

Anyhoo, I scraped it off my left heel, using the rug in front of the sink. I put the pill in the little plastic thingy Farmer H puts his pills in as he sorts them for daily consumption. He'd already taken his morning pills. I DID tell him I found it, lest he think he didn't swallow it. Sometimes, he drops one, can't find it, and gets another.

I wonder if it tasted like FEET...

4 comments:

River said...

I hate stepping on unexpected things. Dust I'm used to, but anything thicker, like a pill or a dropped seed from when I feed the birds is so irritating.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Especially under the heel bone!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

My mother-in-law was bad about dropping some of her pills as she was taking them. I was always watching her if he was in our house because of my dogs. She was on a blood thinner and before my sister-in-law took over the placing of the pills in a pill taker she would either forget to take it (or drop it) or forget she had taken it and take another one. In and out of the hospital with her bllod too thin or too thick. I know that her son would be the same way if left in charge of his own care!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
My grandma was like that, and Farmer H would put her meds in the little compartment container when he went by to visit her every Sunday evening. Then she started messing those up, too, and had to move to a nursing home for closer monitoring.