Thursday, January 5, 2023

Farmer H, Not Tough As Nails

Farmer H is being difficult again! I know, pick your jaw up off the floor and let's proceed with the details...

Wednesday when I got home from town, I asked him about what he wanted for supper.

"I didn't have time to run in the store. I was at the bank and credit union, putting in the money The Pony paid for his house and his car insurance. We don't mashed potatoes like I said I'd get. But I can make you a baked potato to go with the meat loaf."

"No. I'm fine with just having a meat loaf sandwich."

"Okay, but I can make you some kind of noodle with it, if you want. Or the biscuits I said we were going to have."

"Just a sandwich is good. I'll make it myself. Didn't we have any mashed potatoes left from last night?"

"No. I told you they don't warm up well, to take what you wanted. And you took half. So then I had the rest."

"Oh. None left? I'll just have the meat loaf."

"Okay. I'm in kind of a hurry. Tough As Nails starts tonight. At 8:00."

"Huh. I don't watch that."

"You watched it with me all last year!"

"I watch something else then. I'll go to the basement."

"I've got to get going, or I won't have time to watch it."

"Okay. Do what you want."

"I wouldn't exactly say it's what I WANT. I'll be putting away clean dishes, and washing last night's dishes, before I pay the bills you just brought in the mail, and record your receipts you put on the table."

"Why do you always have to complain?"

"I'm just saying what I have to do before I can sit down with my scratchers, and make my own supper. You're the one who acts like you're giving me permission to 'do what I want.'"

Anyhoo... how could I forget that I'm not supposed to have an opinion, or comment on any of the work I have to do, because it 'makes Farmer H feel bad' while he's sitting there in his recliner!

When I went to the living room at 8:00 to watch Tough As Nails, carrying my plate of supper because I wasn't finished yet, Farmer H got up and went to the bedroom!

"Don't tell me you're going to bed at 8:00! I thought you watched 'something else.'"

"I don't want to go down to the basement. So I'm going to bed."

Do you know what? That didn't make me feel bad one bit! 

6 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Okay, he can just go do waht he wants! I wish The Patient was feeling well enough to annoy me!

River said...

You always make me laugh with things he says and does. But now I'm thinking of meatloaf sandwiches. I haven't had one in years. I've been making patties with the meatloaf mix and eating them with a side salad. Today I think I'll have a patty sandwich instead.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I will feel bad about this airing of Farmer H's pettiness when he has his back surgery. But right now, it's my way of coping with his shenanigans. I hope The Patient gets back on the road to recovery soon, so you can get off the mountain roads.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
My mom liked meatloaf sandwiches. I take mine straight! This meatloaf was quite tasty. I added a couple slices of torn-up Nutty Oat bread, two eggs, some dried onion soup mix, ground black pepper, steak sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Then a layer of ketchup on top, when it was almost done cooking.

River said...

Oooh! Dried onion soup mix! I have to try that.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
It doesn't take much! This was a huge meat loaf, about 2 lbs before cooking, and I only used about 1/3 of a packet of the onion soup mix. It's so salty!