Saturday, January 28, 2023

Farmer H Is Cooks' Pet

There's a reason Farmer H is obsessed with his weekday lunches at the senior center, and it's not gourmet cooking, nor the low, low price of $3.00.

Farmer H is COOKS' PET!

He doesn't just sit at a table with his cronies and shoot the bull over a cheap meal. He has a seat of honor at the COOKS' TABLE! I don't remember when he let this information slip, but I'm pretty sure he regretted the moment it crossed his lips.

Of course there are benefits, like the times they've given him leftovers to bring home. They have offered him work fixing up the place, but Farmer H is reluctant to get involved in such a way. I'm pretty sure he is leery of letting a good thing go bad if they are not satisfied. He DID reach out to several union tradesmen last week, about getting a crew to do the work for less than union scale. Several were receptive.

But here's the biggest benefit reaped by Farmer H. He didn't like the dessert last week, which was pineapple something. He took a bite, and was immediately disappointed.

"Is this cottage cheese?" 

"Yes. Cottage cheese with pineapple."

"Oh. I can't stand cottage cheese."

THEY WENT TO GET HIM SOME COOKIES!

Can you imagine them doing that for all the other lunch-eaters who don't like cottage cheese? Not gonna happen!

Farmer H has his harem well-trained.

4 comments:

River said...

AHA!! Now I know why he continues to go there. I don't like cottage cheese either. I do love pineapple and we currently have a glut in Australia, they told about it on the news last night and urged people to pleas buy pineapples, with some stores selling them for a dollar each. Which I won't be doing, that's too much pineapple for me alone and I hate to have to throw any out.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I've never tried cottage cheese, so I'll say I don't like it, either! I haven't had a real pineapple for over 20 years. It's easier to buy the canned version. That said, I would not expect someone to get me a special dessert, just because I didn't like what was served. I would keep my opinion to myself, after asking what the dessert was made of. Seriously, it's a meal for $3.00. Eat what you like, and get something else at home later if you're still hungry.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

HeWho likes to ingratiate himself to those who can accomodate him with special treatment. Never works for me!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Farmer H gets that treatment from a lot of people, for doing absolutely nothing!