Friday, January 27, 2023

Can't Say I Felt An Ounce Of Sympathy

We had delicious beans and corn muffins on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Yes. I made another batch of corn muffins due to Farmer H consuming more than his allotment.

Thursday, Farmer H sent me a text at 11:13.

"Guess what lunch is ham and beans and potatoes and stewed tomato"

"Bet mine were better."

"Yes they were much better"

Anyhoo... when Farmer H got home, I chided him about the beans.

"That's what you get for being a leftover snob. You never want to eat leftovers. And now you had beans for the FOURTH DAY, heh, heh!"

"I don't mind leftovers. Two days is fine with me."

"That's barely a leftover! You eat it one day, and then one more. You always find some way to get out of the third day, like going to your storage unit, or to an auction. So I think it's funny that you had four days of beans."

"They wasn't very good. The ham in them was like sliced squares of wafered lunch meat ham."

Still. No sympathy from me... They were all meals he didn't have to cook or clean up after. Three were free, and one cost him $3.00.

4 comments:

River said...

No sympathy from me either. He didn't have to eat there.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Oh, but he DID. His ego demanded it. He's like their pet, and gets special treatment. So DOUBLE no-sympathy from me!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Well, there you go! We must all accept the bad with the good.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Yeah, it's not like I called them and told them to make beans. I wish I'd thought of that!