Monday, January 2, 2023

The Pony Rang In The New Year Not Quite Alone

The Pony did not have any plans to celebrate the New Year. He's not a social butterfly like Genius. He got off work, and made a trip to the store for provisions. Then spent what he planned to be a quiet evening at home. I was texting with him around 7:00 p.m., and wished him a Happy New Year.

"Thanks! No guarantee I'll stay awake that long now."

He sent me another text at 7:01 a.m.

"I was awake for it! But only because my little nap ended at like 11:30 and people started making so much noise."

"I heard fireworks here. Dad said he woke up at 12:06. So he almost saw in the New Year. He went to bed at 8:30!"

"A handful of possibly legal fireworks here, then a bunch of clapping and I'm pretty sure some people had those spinny noisemakers. The bane of every teacher and parents existence."

"I'm surprised your neighborhood was so lively."

"I'm not."

You'd think a converted school full of elderlies would be more quiet. But I guess The Pony was referring to the duplex on his side street...

4 comments:

River said...

I'd rather hear fireworks and noisemakers than what I heard here.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
I agree!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

We heard nothing and that was fine with me!

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
Lucky you! And also lucky dogs!