Monday, January 23, 2023

Denial Is Strong In This One

 Denial drips from Farmer H's tongue like honey from an over-condimented biscuit!

"Look at this! I'm picking it up, because I know you've stepped over it ten times already while ignoring it!"

"Huh. What is it?"

"This dried leaf!"

"We both walk in and out of the house, HM."

"The difference is, I walk in once a day, from the garage to porch to here, and take off my shoes. Then I wear socks or my CROCS around the house. YOU are in and out several times, through the yard, tromp around until you get ready for bed, scattering shoe-sole stuff through the house!"

Farmer H had no response to that. Since he'd already as much as denied any responsibility for that leaf.

Next thing you know, he'll accuse me of opening up assorted pill vials and tossing them on the bathroom tile. Like the clear vitamin capsule that found my right heel yesterday...

4 comments:

River said...

At least it was only a dried leaf. There are so many other things it could have been that would be messier, or even smellier.

Hillbilly Mom said...

River,
Yes, so true. The cedar chips from Juno's house are even more annoying on the bathroom tile. At least Farmer H doesn't tromp through the fleabags' pooping place, which is in the woods.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I could always send The Patient to decorate your floors. If there is dog poop in the yard, he will manage to step in it, totally unaware and only realize it AFTER he has managed to disperse it throught the house. It could be worse.

Hillbilly Mom said...

Kathy,
I think I will give that offer a pass!